Bonuses and Promotions
Odds Vs. The Competition Grade
Market Depth & Variety
Deposit & Cash Out
Iowa sports bettors have lots of great options when they want to put money down on sporting events. Sports betting is fully legal in this heartland state, whether you like to bet online at sportsbooks like Unibet or at retail sportsbook locations.
If you are not sure which sportsbook you should try, turn to Unibet Sportsbook. It is one of the best in the industry and offers some unique betting elements that make it stand out from competing sportsbook platforms. Let’s analyze Unibet in detail so you will know what to expect from this sportsbook app.
Unibet Iowa Promo Code 2022
All new account holders can benefit from a risk-free bet worth up to $100 of site credit. Terms & conditions apply.
|Unibet Iowa Promo Code||BET500|
|Risk-Free Bet||$500 if you don't hit a winner on 1st cash bet|
|States That Allow Unibet Iowa||AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA & VA|
|Unibet Iowa's Land-Based Partner||Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino|
|Promo Code Verified For||May 2022|
Let’s examine the opening bonus in more detail so you will know how to claim it and what restrictions apply.
In a nutshell, you just have to deposit at least $10 upon making your account. Once you do this, your first lost bet will be covered up to a maximum of $100 of site credit when you use code BETBONUS. The downside to this offer is that you don’t get anything if your first wager is a success.
Still, the opening bonus protects new players from losing too much of their wagering cash upfront. Note, however, that the terms for this opening bonus vary depending on your state. For example, Iowa sports bettors will get this credit back in bonus credits, while other states award the credit in cash. The credits may take up to 72 hours to fully hit your account, although it’s usually a little quicker.
Once you get the bet credits, you have to spend them one time before you can withdraw any of them as cash. This play-through requirement isn’t terribly exorbitant compared to the 25x play-through requirement for sportsbooks like DraftKings.
All in all, this is a simplistic and easy-to-claim sportsbook bonus that many sports betting fans will be able to take advantage of. It’s great for both newcomers to sports wagering and more experienced sports betting fans.
The opening bonus isn’t all that Unibet has to offer in terms of promotions, however. You can visit the sportsbook app or desktop platform and click on the “promos” tab to find all available promotional and bonus opportunities. There’s a lot to do over the weeks and months following account creation, and some of the best promos and bonuses include:
- Cash boosters, which give you up to 25% winnings bonuses for live bets. These are often themed around certain sports or leagues
- Parlay boosters, which give you up to 50% bonus credits in winnings if you succeed with a parlay bet
- Daily boosts give you profit boosts throughout the week
- Happy hour boosts enhance the odds for select games or betting lines
Like many popular sportsbooks, Unibet tweaks and adjusts its promo opportunities based on the current sports season. For example, you’ll find more promos about baseball games during the MLB season.
On the downside, Unibet doesn’t offer any loyalty program currently. This stands in sharp contrast to other major sports betting platforms, which offer stellar loyalty programs that reward you with bonus prizes, credits, or tickets to sporting events as you wager on their apps. We’d like to see this improved in the future.
Ultimately, Unibet’s bonus offerings and promos are solid through and through. They don’t reinvent the wheel in any way, but they do offer lots of opportunities for bonus profits or credits whether you’re a new account holder or a long-time Unibet user.
Any good Iowa sportsbook should have quality odds. Unibet doesn’t disappoint in this regard. The odds are all clearly displayed on either the mobile platform or the desktop website depending on which you choose. Odds are posted quickly and are competitive, especially in major American sports leagues or markets. You can easily use Unibet’s mobile sportsbook as a line shopping app. In this way, you can compare the betting lines available from Unibet against the betting lines on other sportsbook apps and choose the line with the greatest possibility for profit.
Even better, Unibet is known for some of the best betting odds for European-focused sports and betting markets, such as international soccer tournaments, Australian rules football, and rugby. That’s because Unibet was launched in Europe in 1997 and it’s a truly international sports betting app, unlike many of its American focused competitors.
Unibet doesn’t post its American odds as quickly as many other American-centric sportsbooks. So, if you want to put your money down quickly on a new futures betting line, another sportsbook app might be a slightly better choice. Overall, though, Unibet’s odds are competitive, high quality, and easy to access no matter which version of the app you use.
Unibet truly shines when it comes to offering staple American and European professional sports betting markets. We’re talking NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, international soccer, rugby, and other sports markets. When it comes to finding betting lines of varying types and profit potential, Unibet has you covered and then some.
Indeed, Unibet’s betting market depth and variety are fantastic for core American sports, and college sports betting markets since Iowa allows you to bet on most college sporting events. Since Unibet has a history of excellent operation in European countries, you’ll also find plenty of betting markets for European professional sports leagues and tournaments.
If you like betting on soccer championships, for example, Unibet will have some of the best betting market depth and variety. There will be dozens of available betting lines for you to check out and profit from once you open the app.
However, some sportsbooks, such as FanDuel Sportsbook or DraftKings Sportsbook, are a little better when it comes to niche sporting markets. Sports like cricket, lacrosse, or eSports aren’t very well represented among Unibet’s betting markets at this time. This could change in the future, but for now, fans of niche sporting leagues and activities will want to look elsewhere for their primary sports betting apps.
Like most popular sportsbooks in the US, Unibet offers a variety of deposit and cash-out methods depending on your state. In Iowa, you’ll be able to make deposits using methods like:
- Online bank transfers
- Credit or debit card transfers
- PayPal transfers
- ECheck transfers
- PayNearMe terminal transfers
- Prepaid Play+ card deposits
- Cash at casino cages
The casino for cash deposits (and withdrawals) is Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino. If you visit this casino in person, you can immediately fund your account using cash at the casino’s cage, or withdraw your winnings using the same method.
Regarding withdrawals, Unibet also allows you to make withdrawals using most of the above methods, with the exception of a few obvious no-goes like prepaid cards. In this way, Unibet doesn’t really limit your withdrawal flexibility. If you choose one of the electronic methods, expect your withdrawal request to take a business day or two, which isn’t too bad. You can also request a physical check to be mailed to your door, though this could take one to two business weeks.
All the above elements don’t matter if Unibet’s mobile app isn’t worth your time and money. However, it is definitely for most bettors. Unibet’s mobile app is slick and streamlined from start to finish, and the interface is very clean when you open it up for the first time. Upon launching the app, you won’t have any trouble finding your selections of sports or betting lines or navigating to your account page to tweak your settings.
Unibet offers an excellent live betting section, where you can partake in moment-to-moment prop-style bets for games that are currently ongoing. Unibet’s very simplistic approach to live betting makes it one of the most accessible live betting sportsbook apps available. Many other sportsbooks have very cluttered live betting sections but not Unibet. Indeed, finding the section and putting your money down only takes a handful of seconds at most. Plus, Unibet offers a wide range of betting options, including moneyline bets, totals bets, spread bets, and more depending on your sports league or market.
The platform overall is very easy to use and master. You don’t need to worry about clunky controls, unnavigable interfaces, or hidden buttons. The app also doesn’t lambaste you with big advertisements or feeds in the middle of the interface.
There’s a downside to all the simplicity, however: a lack of extra features that would otherwise make Unibet stand out a little more firmly from the competition. That said, lots of sportsbook fans won’t care about this and just want a sportsbook app that lets them bet quickly and easily. If that’s the case for you, Unibet might be the best choice for your needs. Just note that Unibet doesn’t have any technically advanced or special features that will push the envelope forward for the sports betting industry in the future.
Furthermore, the “main” betting screen isn’t laid out as well as the rest of the site. This could be improved in the future with a minor update, however.
Unibet also offers a variety of customer support features. These include multiple communication channels and ways to get technical support if you need help accessing your account, finding an answer to a question, or something else.
Unibet does a great job in terms of smooth performance, even on big game days when there might be a lot of traffic. You shouldn’t experience any bugs, hiccups, or loading issues when you access this app again and again. Unibet is one of the most efficient sportsbooks overall.
All in all, Unibet’s mobile app is well-designed through and through. It’s easy to use and enjoy, doesn’t have a lot of overly excessive or specialized bells and whistles, and provides a streamlined betting experience from start to finish. Most sportsbook fans will find this to be excellent, although those who prefer extra controls over their betting may find Unibet to be a bit lacking or simplistic.
Unibet is a good sportsbook app overall, especially for Iowa’s sports bettors who want something simplistic, efficient, and easy to use. Its interface is well-designed and intended to be navigable for both beginners and experienced sports wagering fans alike. It also has pretty good betting market depth and variety for major American and European sports, even if its niche betting market depth could be better.
Unibet also offers a solid opening bonus and great ongoing promos, even if it doesn’t have a loyalty program to speak of. Unibet’s customer service, app functionality, and betting opportunities make it a great online wagering platform no matter what you want to bet on. If you haven’t given it a try yet, we highly recommend you do so.
Is Unibet Iowa Legit?
It definitely is! Unibet is a legitimate company and one that was welcomed into Iowa with open arms for a variety of factors:
- For starters, Unibet is an old gambling company that has already had several decades of successful experience. Remember, it launched in 1997 in Europe. This means it has had several decades to refine its gambling offerings and to ensure that it offers quality digital security for its mobile sportsbook app.
- Unibet is also a highly regarded international company. Indeed, Unibet offers some type of online or in-person gambling in over 100 countries, meaning all of those countries have already reviewed Unibet and found it to be generally trustworthy.
- Unibet has also already been reviewed by other states in the US. Unibet first came to the US when it was legalized in Indiana, which occurred in 2020. Virginia followed in 2021, then Iowa in September of the same year. The states prior to Iowa investigated Unibet thoroughly, found that the company was trustworthy, and issued licenses shortly after. This trust means that you don’t have to worry about Unibet stealing your funds or personal information.
- Unibet has several strategic partnerships with other gambling or sports adjacent organizations. For instance, Unibet has major partnerships with NASCAR, the NBA, and even sports franchises like the Philadelphia Eagles and New Jersey Devils.
- More than anything else, Unibet is legitimate because it works hard to maintain its high-quality reputation. In this industry, a bad reputation is a prelude to disaster. Unibet works hard to ensure its digital security is always up to snuff.
When you deposit money into your Unibet account, you can rest assured that it’ll stay there until you spend it or withdraw it.
Why Choose Unibet Iowa Over Illegal Betting Sites?
In contrast, illegal betting sites have several negative factors working against them. These include:
- Subpar digital security through and through. Most illegal or offshore betting sites don’t care about the security of their users. They may not even have SSL certification. If a cybercriminal wants your money from one of these sites, there’s little you can do to stop them.
- Similarly, an illegal betting site doesn’t have to abide by any rules or authorities. What’s to stop them from taking your money after you deposit it into your account? Nothing. Therefore, you shouldn’t trust these offshore betting sites under any circumstances.
- Even if an offshore betting site ends up being trustworthy, such sites usually don’t offer great betting lines or odds. So even if your money doesn’t get stolen, you won’t make as much of a profit as you would with a legitimate, licensed betting app like Unibet.
Ultimately, because sports betting is already legal in Iowa, there’s no reason to try an illegal betting site. There are lots of great choices to check out instead, including Unibet!
Why Can You Trust Unibet Iowa With Your Money?
Once you deposit your cash, how can you trust that Unibet will keep your money in place and not use it irresponsibly?
- Unibet uses SSL certification, antivirus firewalls, and other digital security measures. These protect your funds and your personal information from any cybercriminals or hackers. Even if a hacker manages to get through, Unibet should be able to refund you for your lost funds thanks to insurance policies.
- Unibet is regularly reviewed by Iowa’s gaming commission. This organization makes sure that Unibet follows the rules and that its antivirus is up to snuff. Unibet has to reapply for licensure every year or so, so it will never allow its digital security to decline in quality.
- As noted above, Unibet is already trusted in a variety of other states, including Indiana and Virginia. So long as other states regularly review Unibet, odds are you don’t need to worry about the app giving you trouble in Iowa.
Unibet Iowa Fact Sheet
|How old do you have to be to use Unibet Indiana?||At least 21 years old|
|In which states is Unibet Indiana legal?||AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA & VA|
|Who is Unibet Indiana's partner?||Horseshoe Hammond|
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL).
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA).
21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Unibet Iowa FAQs
Yes. Unibet is fully licensed and legalized to operate in Iowa and a handful of other states. Sports betting is legal in Iowa through both online apps and retail sportsbooks.
Iowa’s minimum gambling age is 21. That’s how old you need to be to bet online at Unibet or using any other sportsbook in the state.
Yes. Like all mobile sportsbook apps, you need to be within that app’s licensed state lines in order to place a wager. Unibet uses geolocation software to ensure that people abide by this restriction.
Yes. Unibet offers live and in-play betting for a variety of sports on its mobile app interface.
Unibet offers a variety of withdrawal methods, including credit or debit card withdrawals as well as physical checks mailed to your door.
Unibet offers a $100 risk-free bet offer using promo code BETBONUS. This offer applies to your first bet, and it kicks in if your wager is a loss.